South Asia Nazarene Bible College
Rev Simon Jothi,
Motto: “Learning to make Christ known”
Purpose: To provide education leading to ordination in the Church of the Nazarene
Courses: Decentralized three-track program
• Track one: Certificate for Lay Pastors
• Track two: Certificate in Christian Ministry
• Track three: Diploma in Pastoral Ministry
We are also offering an MA in Christian Holiness through Nazarene Theological College in Manchester, England, to build specialized faculty.
Curriculum: 25 core courses, with numerous workshops, seminars, collateral readings, practical opportunities and assignments
Languages: Courses are offered in 17 major languages of South Asia including English.
Locations: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
Faculty: Instructors are pastors in the Church of the Nazarene, qualified to teach at diploma level. With pastors as teachers, students gain wider ministerial exposure.
Statistics: (May 2011)
Total students: 1,700
Total teachers: 110
Education centres: 80
Districts served: 19
• To equip pastors and laity with passion to develop churches across South Asia
• To upgrade the program to accreditation and degree level
• To offer on-going professional development seminars for faculty
• To develop Wesleyan libraries and resource centres across South Asia
• To connect students with other existing institutions for additional resources
• Scholarship for full education (25 courses), in rural setting: $800 per student
• Scholarship for one course: $32 per student
• Library and resource centres (35 needed): $5,000 each
• Used and new books for library development
• Intercessory prayer for faculty and students
Principal: Rev Simon Jothi served as SANBC Registrar for a number of years and succeeded Rev Sunil Dandge as Principal in 2010.
l Home l South Asia Field l Compassionate Ministries l JESUS Film l SANBC Education l
l Leadership l Opportunities l News & Prayer l Stories l Photo Gallery l Contact Us l Sitemap l
©2015, South Asia Field Church of the Nazarene